Coronavirus FAQs for commercial customers

Government guidance has recently changed. However, Housing Plus group will be keeping Covid secure working practices in place. We believe this the safest decision for our customers, staff and communities. In addition, this enables us to continue providing services including vital repairs work.

Within this dedicated coronavirus FAQ area, you can find all the latest answers to your queries and questions about your tenancy and rent.

How can I contact you to discuss my rent?

You can call your local customer services team on who can offer you help and advice and refer you to your dedicated officer. Call 0800 048 8955.

Will I lose my property if I cannot pay my rent as a result of financial hardship caused by coronavirus?

In order to continue to provide our services and to maintain your homes, we must still collect rent. No customer will be evicted for being unable to pay their rent because of the impact of coronavirus. You will, however, still receive standard rent arrears reminders.

We will work with our customers to find affordable solutions in order to help people through this difficult period, so if you’re concerned please contact your local customer services team on 0800 048 8955.

Our advisors can refer you to your dedicated officer for further help and support.

Our aim is always to do everything possible to ensure our customers can meet the obligations of their leases and retain their premises.

My business has been forced to close and I am unable to pay my rent, what should I do?

In addition to the above we would suggest referring to the government advice here.

Am I eligible for a COVID-19 business grant?

In response to the coronavirus pandemic, the government has announced support for small business and businesses in the retail, hospitality, and leisure sectors. This support will take the form of two grant funding schemes, the Small Business Grant Fund, and the Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant Fund. For further information, eligibility criteria and details on applying for a grant please visit South Staffordshire Council’s dedicated page here or Cannock Council’s dedicated page here.

Footer Angle
My Homes Plus